Irwin, Sargent & Lowes Limited (ISL Insurance Brokers) is currently recruiting for a full time Personal Lines Insurance Broker.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including a registered pension plan.
Please apply in confidence by November 20, 2017 to Anne Taylor, Office/Finance Manager – email@example.com
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal Lines Insurance Broker – Full Time
The Personal Lines Insurance Broker provides efficient, professional, and courteous service to clients and produces new personal lines business.
- Service both prospective and existing clients by assessing the needs of the client and providing a customer driven, advisory approach on personal insurance matters. Based on the needs of the client offer the most appropriate coverage.
- Maintain existing customer relationships through superior service during policy changes, renewal reviews and customer care calls.
- Handle mail and company inquiries for all clients as needed.
- Make changes to clients’ policies, explain coverages and remarket policies when in the customers’ best interest.
- Issue binders, certificates, etc., for any client requests.
- Facilitate and follow up on insurance claims acting as an advocate for the insured.
- Maintain professional demeanour when handling complaints, problem solving and interpreting/resolving conflicts with clients and prospective clients.
- Collection of all agency billed client accounts receivable.
- Ensure adherence to RIBO licensing regulations, company underwriting guidelines and ISL policies and procedures.
- Keep current on new/revised company guidelines and procedures in order to provide accurate information.
Education and Experience:
- RIBO license, active and in good standing preferred.
- High School Diploma.
- Post Secondary Education preferred.
- Industry designations such as CIP or CAIB would be an asset.
- 2+ years personal lines experience preferred.
- Technical expertise in Personal Auto, Home, Umbrella, and other personal lines specialty products.
- Computer knowledge in MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
Computer knowledge in SigXP, Company Portals, Compu-quote would be an asset.